Tenkara Fishing


SOLD
Here is a little black and white Ink sketch I did of a reverse hackle Tenkara fly. If you are interested in learning more about this type of fishing just click HERE for the Tenkara USA site. I believe this the first US site of its kind and it is a great tool to learn what this type of fishing is. They also have some good videos of Tenkara fishing you might enjoy.

The character on the work is a Japanese word meaning Fish, or A Fish.
This type of fishing is new to me but I like the idea behind the 'less is more' type of thinking that it follows. Lately I have attacked the water with a minimum amount of gear, carefully weeding out what I need, and what I don't. Sometimes the mass of gear one gathers before hitting the water just gets in the way. As a backpacker and avid hiker I like what Tenkara is. Its been around for a long time so there has got to be something to it.

Does anybody use this type of fishing a lot and just how effective are these unique flies for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment