Brooks Browns & Bows Trout


Here is a great looking trout taken from the Brook, Browns, & Bows blog. Sometimes I am inspired by those that follow my blog and when I feel the need to paint a bigger work, I often turn to these followers for great looking pictures. You can call it poaching, but I call it a tribute to those fellow trouters out there. Plus a plug for those great blogs never hurts. Check out his blog and see the real thing!
I've done a progressive work photo record for this using my phones camera so excuse the quality. The actual work is @ 18 inches by 10 inches with a Trico fly placed near the tail.
First the sketch..

Work in some color..

Color the hand...

Add the Fly & Done!

Colors used in this work Include:
Prussian Blue
Ultramarine
Deep Hookers Green
Olive Green
Deep Red
Permanent Orange
Azo Yellow
Paynes Grey

Hope you all enjoy this work and keep posting those fishy pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment