Weekly Fly - The Humpy

Over the past couple years I've put together a number of fly tying videos. I by no means claim to know everything there is to know about tying, but there are a few flies that I can tie pretty well. I thought I would start posting some of these videos and I would love to get your feedback. Maybe there are some new and improved tying methods that I don't know about yet.

I felt it fitting to have my first video post be the first fly I actually learned to tie - The Humpy. I began my fly fishing career on a small Wyoming stream in the middle of summer. I used to buy Humpy's by the dozens and of course go through them like hot cakes because it was such a great little fly. I had heard about fly tying so I thought I'd buy some gear and give it a shot. So this was the first fly I learned to tie. Looking back on it, I definitely didn't start with the easiest fly to tie but I figured it out. Over the years my tying has improved and I still fish the humpy a lot. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment