It's been way to long...

So I've been MIA for the past year, my job has been crazy busy and I had a little setback when my digital camera was stolen (I'll give you the details below). But for those of you blog followers, it's back on.  

A little recap of what has been going on in the past year. Last summer, I was lucky enough to go a  sweet fishing trip with my buddy Nick. We started in western British Columbia and worked our way across the province and down through Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. I didn't keep track of how many days we fished or number of different rivers, but we definitely put in some time on the water...and caught a few fish too.

When I came back to BC in the fall, it was the beginning of another stellar salmon season. It doesn't happen very often but occasionally I put away the fly rod and get out the meat stick. Sockeye salmon were back in record numbers, which was great to see so I decided to head out and see if I could fill the freezer one afternoon. We quickly caught our limit, although it was a gong-show doing it. I don't think I can even classify it as fishing, harvesting may be a better term. Anyway, we slowly meandered back to the truck only to find the back window smashed and the backpack with my wallet, digital camera, and house keys stolen. Pissed doesn't even capture my feelings at that time, I was irate. That put a little damper on my fishing spirit. I was especially mad about the camera because it had all my fish pics on it.

I've bounced back though, got a new camera and I'm ready to hit the water. This time it won't be another year until you hear from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment