Is It Wrong?

While out visiting my brother I got to check out his in-house feather supplier. Is it wrong that when I look at a chicken I only see a source of fly tying material?  I know it isn't class A material but for a Woolly the material doesn't need to be perfect right?  My bother doesn't tie flies but after plucking a few choice feathers from the saddle of his annoying rooster I did an impromptu tie job of half a dozen woollies. (the bird is perfectly fine so no animal rights protests please.)
I have done things like this before - see my earlier spring post of a squirrel that got caught in my chimney.  For that I got some prime tail hair for streamers.   Even watching my wife with some yarn and I see tying material.
    So is it wrong that I see innovative material for tying in the oddest places?  My wife thinks I'm nuts but seriously, I can't be the only angler out there that sees material everywhere he looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment