Rising Brown For Good Cause



I have promised that I would be doing another watercolor soon and here it is. This Rising Brown however is not for sale. It will be auctioned off at a Trout Unlimited event for the Triangle Fly Fishers TU chapter this coming October. I managed to take a well lit picture of the rising trout today and amended this post.



Unfortunately I was fairly intent on this painting and completely forgot to take pics of this painting as I did it. I was a bit inspired to paint this one after my recent trip to Traverse City Michigan, where only the browns rose to my fly. As you can see, the rough looking Elk Hair Caddis made it to the painting as well.
I'm not a member of this chapter but had the opportunity to contribute to this organisation and couldn't pass it up. I hope it brings in a good price for them and I know that they will do a lot of good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment