March Brown Spider + Bass

I like the bead on this march brown spider. It adds to the attractive nature of this effective fly.
Also had a chance to wet a fly again on Wednesday at a little pond nearby. It wasn't the first time I've fished for bass on a fly but it was the first in quite a while and I almost forgot how much fun it is, especially when the fish are hitting. A Buddy of mine showed me the spot and on his first cast - crank bait popper - a nice bass hit it like a truck. It was the last fish he caught. I on the other hand hooked up with quite a few on everything from an olive woolly bugger to a small Adams. My buddy was a little impressed. He'd never seen anybody bass fish with a fly rod before. I think the sight of nice bass exploding from the water to hit my hopper might have made him a convert to our noble art... Anyway, It was highly enjoyable and I look forward to doing it alot more often. The best part is it was only a 5 min drive instead of the 50-120min drive it takes me to get to the closest trout waters (which is why those that follow my blog may notice a lack of ACTUAL fishing posted on my blog....) So, don't be astonished if you see more bass than trout start appearing on my blog. I wish I could live in an area where trout were within walking distance but such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment